Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Alvin Lee--One Of Rock Guitar's Legends Leaves Us A Legacy Of Greatness

One of Woodstock's great axemen and best blues artists has left us to play blues rock guitar on the other side now. Alvin Lee was the frontman for 10 Years After, and had a phenomenal solo career. But his lighting fast fret action for Woodstock will never leave us.

He played the song, " I'm Goin Home" to incredible heights for that time, despite analog technology and limited guitar effects. I've put up the song here on the blog, and do ask you one thing though.

If you're a player in your town at a local jam session this week, get someone who know Lee's material and please pay homage to Alvin. I know I will at the jam session I go to here in London, Ontario Canada.

I'm also going to leave a link to some other videos of Lee here from the Guitar World site which includes a short article on his passing, and what he did. He played with the greats and was one of the best blues rock men from the 60's and 70's.

We stand in honor of Alvin Lee and will do our best to remember his great legacy as an artist.

PS: I just listened to I'm Goin' Home again. It just floored me! It reminds me of old blues and big band, only with a rock texture. Thank you Alvin.http://www.guitarworld.com/former-ten-years-after-guitarist-alvin-lee-dead-68

No comments: