Friday, April 12, 2013

Musicians, Are You Just Wishing Your Band Would Do Big Things?

I was just listening and watching a video with Paul Rodgers of Bad Company with Slash and Neal Schon. They played a blistering version of "Wishing Well" from Paul Kossoff, frontman for the band "Free" back in the mid 70's. You want to hear great axemen, watch this video of Schon who is one of the best lead players, and Slash one of the best pure blues and rock players. I thought about what this song is really about.

Yeah, I'm a little slow. Friggin' genius. Most people including you musicians, just wish your band would get better paying gigs. Stop wishing!

I think about my brother who I mentioned in a recent article. Even if he fails at something he gets back up and keeps trying. No, not trying, he does it until he succeeds, period. He's a farmer and businessman who never gives up. My brother reminds me of old business guys who took life by the tail and whipped it around. When everyone goes one way, he goes the other.

And so should your band.

In a lot of my articles I talk about creating joint ventures with other bands and how to create value for them and make more money booking them. You can also sell their CDs and make a cut of the action. It's not about opening for bands that make 50 G's a night or more.  Most people wish their lives were better, and that's what Wishing Well is all about. Just take action players even if you have to play for free for a while. It's a business and you have to think of it that way. Not just creating music and going through the motions.

Does your band need some help? Email me.

Watch the video then get to work making more cash for your band.

You can succeed.

Mark--Somewhere south of Constitution Park--" It's Much easier On Your Constitution"

No comments: