Friday, November 15, 2013

Jimmy Page Gives Up The Goods On New Remastered Material Coming Out Early in 2014

As you I'm not the biggest Zeppelin fan, but they were a great band with composed and recorded material that make most real musicians want to go back and record some analog without any digital technology. I have a link to an article and interview on Jimmy talking about all this and what will be offered box set wise as well. I'm hoping it's not just remastered old material, but actual material that never came out. To me some of the best material of bands from the 60's and 70's was material never released, but played and recorded in a small studio and just kept in the vault so to speak.

But one other tasty nugget is that Jimmy said on this remaster he digs deep into the old analog mixes and does his wizardry on it. To me that's what he's known more for, and I would love to see a book  on what he's done in the studio for other bands. It would be a great book to learn from recording wise.

I know you're waiting for the link. I'm thinking about buying some copies of the remaster and offer them for free on the site in a contest. But go get a taste of what Jimmy's doing on this next version of the remasters of Zeppelin material. And look forward to 2014 with Jimmy in tow.

http://www.guitarworld.com/jimmy-page-new-led-zeppelin-remasters-will-include-unreleased-material

No comments: