Thursday, May 29, 2014

Dee Curtis His Blues Axe And Rig

Dee Curtis His Blues Axe And Rig




By Mark Grove





Dee's accessory equipment besides his axe and amp seem to hold more weight for his blues texturing. At least that's the impression I get.



Dee's Blues Weapons of Mass Construction:


Dee's Blues Blasting gear:



Guitar: Black Fender Strat--With GK2 Pickup because he uses a (Roland) V Guitar System or a VG88 for short. Guitar Modelling system, with multiple amp set-ups. You name it, it has it.



Red Strat--used primarily for Blues--(Floyd Rose Tremelo) Richie Sambora Model.



WashBurn Maverick Series with a Floyd Rose System that he had blocked. Uses on some of his blues work.


Amps: Roland--KC 500 Keyboard amp uses with Black Strat VG88. Also has a Gallien-Kreiger 112 and matches both of them together for a stereoound. My god man,you've got all kinds of toys Dee.(laughs)"I don't use all of them". "I use them for particular situations". My brother Vincent was with me for my last gig and I used the Roland to help out Vincent who's my Keyboard player. It helped my playing comp his more.


If I'm recording something by myself on Guitar and I need another instrument, I can double it with my Guitar. Then there's my main amp, a Mesa-Boogie DC Stereo all tube amp 1992.I use this amp for the majority of my gigs.



Strings:D'Addario .10000



Effects:

1969 Vox Wah Pedal with Serious tone, and a Hendrix OctaFuzz. Dunlop makes them but they're very hard to get,and you would have to special order it through them. Dee says,"a lot of players don't know how to use it to complement their playing and use the right setting.


Mark Grove www.canadianguitarplayer.ca

To contact Dee Curtis: deecurtis@rock.com

No comments: