Friday, June 27, 2014

The Eagles Play Their Staple Songs And It Relates To Old And New Fans ---So Why Is Your Band Just Coming Out With New Material Constantly?



Is your band Constantly coming out with new material, when you should be playing material that's always stood well by your fan base?
Even if your band can only sell 500 CDs a year, why would you waste money making new material that most will never buy or even listen to for that matter.
Reason I ask this is; The Eagles have always had a formula that's worked well for them since the early 70's. That being playing fan favourites and at most tweaking those just a little in the studio for any greatest hits album, or playing live onstage. I understand bands want to write and record new material, and expand their repertoire, but leave that for special side projects for band members who want to be involved, or players who are solid session guys and want to become better players hooking up with your side project. Robert Plant did that a lot of years ago and never looked back.
But for bands like The Eagles, I think if they made new material, it wouldn't resonate as much with their fans, and they might gain some new fans, and old ones like myself, who understand the dynamic they are trying to achieve, but most won't unfortunately.
I personally haven't been successful online, and working to change that, but I haven't really changed the formula I'm using to create value for musicians and the other little niches I'm in. And nor should you change just to see if you can make more cash.
I truly want success for all musicians out there, and I do my best to create value for them so they can move ahead doing gigs, opening for bands and even being head liners and guitar players doing session work for others.
You can view my site for "how to" material to help your band get the success it deserves. Much success to all musicians.

LikeLike ·  · 

No comments: