Tuesday, November 10, 2015

The REal Secret To Making Money As A Musician---And Why Do Musicians Think You Don't Have To Work Hard? What Are You Crazy?

Ever feel like just banging your head against a wall when dealing with musicians?
I deal with a lot of musicians and trying to get them to see that being on the internet is fine,it has it's place,but how they will make money is from gigging mainly. Offline.
I was dealing with a musician who I was going to write for,but they had it in their mind that online success transfers to offline success gigging. No,it doesn't work like that.
To add insult to injury they wanted someone to do everything for them online. Everything from social media,writing articles and making money off CDs. And they were looking to pay very low rates.
I tried to convince this person not to go this route. They tried to tell me they already tried the gigging and showcase route. From what I could see was they were letting failure be their captor. They said to me that once they have enough online demand that they will succeed.
Really? Are you kiddin' old markie? Are musicians really this stupid. Apparently so. 
Even the top bands from today gig to make money mainly. Yeah,they have a big online presence,but they gig,do interviews and help other bands still. And record,write and do session work as well.
I swear most people don't get it and they want a handout.

Tell old Markie what cha' think. It won't hert a bit. Unless ya' like that sorta thing.

The old blog misses ya'--take a walk on over a read a few articles guys.


Maybe you'll learn a thing or two. i read them over too so It gives me ideas for other articles and interviewing musicians.

No comments: