Sunday, January 1, 2017

Pink Floyd---Why--Have A Cigar Is A Great Song To Play Rhythm Guitar On--And Learn How To Set Up Your Axe and Amp For Live Playing

I was scouring Youtube and came across this live bootleg of Pink Floyd's Have a Cigar in New York City in 1977. Even being taped it sounds great despite being done 40 years ago this year. Gilmour or someone in the band played rhythm guitar that suited the feel of the song,and one thing I'd love to know is how they set up their guitars and amps for this particular song by the guitar tech.

If I was ambitious I'd try to find out who was Floyd's Guitar Tech back then. I'm going to assume they used one. I would then ask how he set up Gilmour's and Waters guitar and amp rig. It would be  a great learning tool as well for musicians to inject into their own music, even if they don't play exactly the type of rock n' roll Floyd plays. Guys like Brad Paisley who's definitely a rock n' roll country artist would definitely want to know, and always learns something from the great bands
like Pink Floyd.

So lets see if I can get the actual video to appear instead of having to have just a link to this important live music of Pink Floyd. There's no video,just the music. And a little ditty at the end that's quite amusing. I love it when bands end a song differently,both live and on an album. With limitations here on Google I may only be able to show a link to "Have A Cigar." So lets cross our fingers guys.

I'll see as well if I can actually find out what amps and guitars they used for this song,and maybe the guitar tech they used in 1977. Well, the video came up. Click the video above and listen. Makes me feel like I'm listening to an old album. Who ever put that up,thank you so much!

enjoy guys. 

No comments: