Sunday, November 2, 2008

Musicians who talk big and do nothing

                                                                                                         Hi everyone. I got up onstage at a blues jam in Canada this week and talked about my free, that's free musicians instant press kit. Players were rah-rah about it while I was onstage and took my business card and told me they would email me to get started. Did they? what do you think. The majority of musicians who want help seem to think they don't have to work hard to be a success onstage. My service is free yet most of you seem to be hung up on the fact that my service is free, so there must be a catch. Hardly. The catch is it actually works if you work at it.

You guys email with questions about gigging, recording or getting a press kit started that you can do mainly yourself, and I have all kinds of how to material on my site on just that. But, then I look to see if you implemented any of what I said and guess what, my advice always falls on deaf ears.

You're a musician because you love it. I hope you just implement one strategy from Canadian Guitar Player and run with it. I still offer all musicians The Musicians Instant Press Kit for free.

Maybe I'm the jerk here offering it for free. But if you want to succeed as a musician you need to get started with just one thing. Be it going to a jam, getting a press kit started, recording an EP or practicing with your band 3 times a week. Then getting a solid set list down and ready once you get a gig as an opener for a local act. You can do it guys. It's wide open for success as a musician, helping other musicians and doing what you love.

PS: If you play at a local club and party your ass off tonight without me, leave the back light on for me so I can crawl in the house about 5 AM.

Much peace to you in your life.
Mark

Email me if you need some assistance with a press kit or getting media attention. Or working with other bands for that matter.
 mdgrove@rock.com

No comments: