Thursday, March 27, 2014

Slash In The Studio Going Analog--And What You Can Learn To Record Your Band

Slash,Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators are still hard at work in the studio going analog. I have the 5th video here which goes into what guitars Slash is using and how his Guitar Tech Ace Bergman is keeping him in tune, and some insight from his producer Michael Baskette. Slash uses a copy Les Paul on this album from his very first GNR album in the 80's. As well, and this is a picking tip, he uses very thick picks. I'm assuming to attack each riff more solidly. Even the pickup maker Seymour Duncan sent over some pickups for Slash. I even noticed a Hi-Watt amp head in the studio.
As far as effects being used, hopefully very little if any are being used. I would like to see in future videos, what amps and any stomp boxes or effects being used if any. And like I said in the first post on this, they are recording it to Reel to Reel Analog tape. I love it! Here's the video guys, and the 2 videos I neglected to put up which can be clicked on, on the page you're taken to. Like I said, take notes and get to work in your studio.

No comments: