Friday, February 13, 2015

Errick Lewis One of The Best Bass Jazz Lads Out There Gives Me His Take On A Tone QuestionMusicians, What Do You Do To Get Great Tone? Amp? Axe? Stompbox? Mic setup? What Is It?

I asked the well known Portland Oregon Bass Player Errick Lewis a question on how he gets the great tone in his onstage and album material. I want to go more into this later with other artists as well. So, you other musicians out there I ask the same question, how you get the tone you play. Is it from a certain combo of your amp and guitar set up, or is it those things and a few tweaks of a stompbox to add to the mix? What is it? I really want to know. I'll include some of your answers up on the blog Canadian Guitar Player as well. But check out Errick lewis and The Vibe Project in Portland Oregon. You want to listen to sweet players who know they're stuff, go out to one of their gigs or jams. You won't be sorry you did.
Here is Errick's answer.

Hey Errick, just send me a couple tunes when you get a chance. Question for you though. As far as gear goes, what do you think gear wise has the most impact on getting your own tone? Wow that's a good question because it all plays a major role from the and the electronics in the base all the way down to the woods at the cab is made out of The types of cables you use matter the power supply you use matters there's so many elements it's not just the axe is everything at least to me

Hey Errick. Thank you. I think I was looking at something in the book about Jimmy Page I'm reading right now, and I thought of asking you. So, I'll put that up on the blog and here on FB.

For more info on Eric Lewis and The Vibe Project--Go to: www.erricklewis.com

No comments: