Thursday, September 24, 2015

Jimi Hendrix Was He The Type To Show Other Players Up By Playing Their Instruments?

Eddie Kramer who recorded Hendrix at Electric Ladyland Studios in New York back in the 60's,has been doling out some of the best pictures of Hendrix and many other top players of that era. The recent pic Eddie shared was of Jimi playing Noel Redding's bass guitar at The Scene Club in New York City in 1968. I commented and said that I hoped that Jimi was playing Noel's bass to get great riffing and chording ideas for lead guitar,and be better able to play with his bass player Noel and drummer Mitch Mitchell.
That little tid bit there on Hendrix is a golden nugget of info. Think about it---learn how other players play their instruments in your band so you can play in sync better and possibly come up with chord ideas and structures you would have never had before,just playing your own guitar.
I have good ideas at times.
PS: Was Hendrix the type to show people up and see how great he was? I hope not.

Oh,I can't download the pic of Jimi playing Noel's bass at The Scene. Copyright issues and all. This is of Jimi And Noel if I'm correct, in Stockholm Sweden.

But use that tip above and say you got it from Jimi. Or me.

Much success 

No comments: