Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Musicians, What do you get from listening to Pink Floyd material?

What do you get from listening to Pink Floyd material?
I was just thinking about when I put up this article about 3 years ago. Most people who listen to Floyd reference the album " The Wall." Yes, it was a great album I bought for 13 bucks in 79', but I was more partial to earlier material because I like to study musicians and how they create their
material,how they record,and even the gear they used--which a lot of musicians should be learning,besides how to make more money gigging,session work,album sales and managing other artists--yes for money.
I personally learn how they made the music, and how they came up with the material. Roger Waters had issues back in the 70's about doing huge concerts, and the audience not really listening to the music, and learning from it. Waters Mason and Gilmour did a 2 part interview with Red Beard on "The Wall"--- what was involved in the recording, how it affected them and their fans.
As well, I think there were rough demo tapes made by Roger when he presented them to the band, before The Wall came out. There is now a 7 disc box set on the market. I'm going to grab it just for the demos on it. I listened to the first part of the interview and the next part is on saturday at 7 PM on www.classicrock945.ca. Roger Waters has done many interviews over the years, and can teach all of us something, not just about music, but life. He seems to be a genuine caring soul out to care for your fellow man. So, listen to both parts of the interview for "The Wall." Its not just a step back in time to when I was 17 in 1979, but think about when you or a friend grabbed a copy. To me Pink Floyd has nothing to do with doing drugs anymore. That faded away many,many years ago for me. If you read my articles here on FB, and good old blog Canadian Guitar Player---you'll see every post is a learning tool about music and not just hearing great old rock n' roll. So, take a listen to both parts of this Pink Floyd interview. You won't be sorry.

No comments: