Thursday, October 16, 2008

My rant and the evil catch to the Musicians Instant Press Kit

I've been a little lax in my rants of late but this should be a good one. I offer a free writing service for musicians, yet most of you think there's some evil catch to it. As well, I got up onstage thursday night here in Canada at a club, spouting what I'm offering in the press kit, and literally no one is interested. No rant involved.

You all want something totally free forever. I'm just amazed. As well, people who say they love music and are your musician friends never even look at Canadian Guitar Player and the Press Kit as a way of helping their band out, because it makes them no money, yet they're willing to spend all kinds of money on guitars and gear in the little hope it makes them money.


Makes me wonder sometimes if they really love music. Hmmmm?


I'm just befuddled if that's a word. I would say most musicians will destroy their opportunities to do well because they don't think they're good enough. As well, they don't have the balls to fail and learn.


I am still offering a free writing service called The Musicians Instant Press Kit for FREE!


You guys still don't get it do you. I also have had musicians I've known for years say they want help from me only to go somewhere else where someone promises things they can't possibly do, because they don't try to create value for them, and only want a buck.


Maybe that's what I should do is ask for 100's of dollars for the Press Kit and I'd actually make a buck.


If you're still interested after all this: email me and we'll get started making a solid press package. That's what it's all about guys, going the other way when the music industry for the most part does the same thing--use mainstream media.


You can do your own media promotion. That's part of the allure of the internet, being able to use it as a vehicle to promote your band and others. Still with me on this guys?


Probably not for most of you, because you just don't listen. You only hear what you want to hear, and that's making table scraps that other bands make.


If only I listened and became like everyone else. Forget that!


I'll always be here for musicians with The Musicians Instant Press Kit.

Just keep diggin in there and play your ass off guys.

markgrove20@hotmail.com

Mark

No comments: